Monday, March 14, 2016

3/14/2016

Sen-tient
ˈsen(t)SH(ē)ənt/

adjective

Able to perceive or feel things.
"She had been instructed from birth in the equality of all sentient life forms"
Synonyms: (capable of) feeling, living, live

--

"The universe will always surprise you"

I'm patiently waiting for the universe to surprise me but for right now I'm content with the universe surprising the ones I love instead.

--

A profound memory: One time I was crying at the museum, sitting in front of a Makovsky painting with my headphones in. I was listening to a Chopin piece I don't even like very much. I was trying to wipe away every tear I could without being too obvious. My sleeves were black and my make up and tears left damp colored spots. This older lady walked by me and rested her hand on my shoulder and gave it a very tiny squeeze and then carried on her way. We didn’t even look at each other. But as she walked away, I caught a glimpse of the soft grey of her hair. I knew without us speaking that this woman felt what I was feeling and she was telling me it was okay and I would be okay.